Lest We Forget

On most days, I come here and look forward to write; storms arrive in mind, handing me over the hallucinations each night keeps me awake with. I mean to go to bed every night but I end up drowning in the sea. It gets risky sometimes, being able to control one's own mind, controlling so much that it calms down to a level you would die at, had you not known swimming.

This day, particularly, is no different. The only difference is that I didn't listen to myself. It isn't easy, playing with time. I've known that. I fear getting comfortable with an empty heart; or at least knowing I own nothing other than a few cells of it. I fear the thoughts that roam free during a night, without telling me when they would return. Because when I am supposed to wait for them, demons haunt me. Because I think my thoughts would fight back once they return, but no, they don't. They're out of their cage. My dreams flying so high that my own gaze can't reach. Not until the next morning. And then I wake up, wake up to the sound of morning I've come to love. It replaces my empty mind with daylight. It showers me with hope.

Comments

  1. "I fear getting comfortable with an empty heart; or at least knowing I own nothing other than a few cells of it."
    Exquisitely expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I go through these kinda days too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. stay calm and hope for the best
    much love ,
    saharious

    ReplyDelete
  4. My state these days is no different. Could relate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you have a really nice writing style! I know how you feel but as you said-every morning brings hope

    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a nice read! :)

    I'm actually new to blogger, would really help if you followed back! :)

    http://krittikabarua.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. such days..
    why do the happen :(
    then i say to myself

    Night falls fast
    Today is in the past :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Of Moving Forward- Part II

Some time off

Smokes in the air