A beach and a mind

A boy called out

while I was on a beach

sinking in thoughts,

drowning in anxiety.

He asked my name

& where I came from

& if he could join in

I must have managed

to look less bad,

for the next moment

the space beside me

didn’t remain empty.

The boy sat next

silent & more of it,

without my attention

for it was a beach

as wide as it seemed

making me sink in thoughts

& all of their secrecy.

He spoke of his hometown

& how he missed it

The cities he had roamed around,

& their beloved streets.

He smiled often

for reason as unknown

as the world to me,

warning me how hopeless we were

& difficult at living.

He left me within minutes

the boy with bruised arms

& torn jeans

leaving behind a note,

that read

“It’s okay to feel nothing.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of Moving Forward- Part II

Some time off

Smokes in the air