From Japan 1.3

Dear Snehmoy,

I wake up to a sunny morning to find your letter kept beside me. After years, it still doesn’t fail to excite me, your letter. Call it your willpower, I am getting better. The Doctor smiles when I visit him lately, because his medicines along with the ones you gave me are working. He very much praises Indian way of turning herbals into curing a human being, he says it would go a long way.
I understand what you’re saying. After years that we’ve been together, it is very likely that we would want to meet. But don’t get in the idea that we have to meet even when it is not feasible. When you telephoned me the other day, I could sense your anxiety and it made me feel bad. We will meet, Snehmoy. You know that. I just feel we should wait more for things to fall in right places so we don’t have to regret later.

It is due to your medicines that I’m getting better. Please be assured of that and I wouldn’t want you to discourage yourself just because of that.  How could I not recover when I have someone that loves me so selflessly, although the fact that we don’t get to meet at all? The latter doesn’t matter. I never, even for a moment, thought that you failed. You didn’t. I wish for the same, to be there now that a little too much of time has passed. I can’t help but imagine our life together henceforth. You know, all these years managing without each other, a helping hand could do so well, don’t you think?

I am more helpful in doing chores at home now. I miss my mother and I miss you, but these letters are the cure to my mental state which acts like a sea that is unbelievably calm at times, a sign of future volcano. But I need not fear the volcano coming. It is already over.

Awaiting your letter that confirms our meeting.

Your wife,
Miyage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of Moving Forward- Part II

Some time off

Smokes in the air