From Japan 1.4

Dear Snehmoy,

It’s been more than two months since I last received your letter and it’s starting to worry me now. Why is it taking you so much time to respond or is it some other problem which is prolonging it?

For your information, I have come past the illness now and I have been healthy for a month now. I no longer visit the Doctor now. I am happy about the visits that I don’t have to pay any more. Japan, apart from some business crisis at brother’s end, is treating us well and life feels at peace these days.

Snehmoy, how are you? Where are you? I long to hear your voice but I don’t receive calls with interrupted, often unclear sounds. I miss that. I wonder how, when something goes wrong, do we bounce back to the times when there was a boat floating neutrally, with balanced composure over water? Aren’t we actually awaiting tides and furious waves just to realize the value of a stable, harmless time? It is human nature and I sometimes feel bad that humans are mechanised that way. This is why, I feel, we tend to be with a human being who is as troubled as we are as an individual. Similar, mutual mess makes the world a lot less tolerable, don’t you think?

I found my mess with you. But how is it that with you, it doesn’t feel like a mess but a home instead? What is it that we share apart from affection, love and care? We’re parted by seas and uncountable air, and all that matters to me in such a time is a letter from you and nothing else. I read and re-read your letter to find my solace.

This is funny. But believable funny. I think I am in love again. With the same person. Snehmoy meant Affection.


Yours forever,
Miyage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of Moving Forward- Part II

Some time off

Smokes in the air