City

How do you get over a city? How do you get over a city that once gave you some of the best times of your life and not to forget the constant emotional reminders of those times! I think cities are a hundred times more difficult to get over with than a walking-laughing-talking human being.

Interpersonal relations are sometimes too overrated. They’re overwhelming, yes. But they’re overrated. I, having entered twenties and still not being too comfortable with the fact that I am actually growing up this fast, have come to think that people are only as hard to understand and deal with as you treat them. I’m not a consultant nor am I an expert at interpersonal relations. Rather I’ve recently grown very bad at them. I’ve tried and tried, but some things just can’t be helped.

On the other hand, a city. A city is a tremendous package of self growth, a good makeover to one’s perspective and if you’re new to a city and have almost no one to go to for starters, then trust me, you’re gonna do great! I haven’t experienced this exactly but I have been there. Personally, I’ve been attached to cities, because they have a world in themselves. A city will always be there for you, regardless of the time, place and the type of person that you are.

It’ll always be there.

A city, when treated well by you, can be even more enchanting. In a city, you’re never alone if you really understand and know how to connect yourself with it, with its beating heart and an ever flowing river that it is. It’s not just an architectural place, it’s also filled with people to make it lively but on top of that, it’s a free shelter. An effortless friendship. A powerful bond. Have you developed any?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of Moving Forward- Part II

Some time off

Smokes in the air