After 7 years


I had to go away from writing to realize even more that this is ingrained inside quite everywhere.

The last time I was here was sometime in 2013, when I remember I would write so much every single day. It felt like bleeding. Liberating. Never had to worry about 'consistency' and 'originality' in my creative expression. But then the rest of the internet came along, with it came a few writer's blocks and before I realized, I was drifting farther and farther from words, be it reading or writing. As time passed, I notice now that I was moving away from self but also at the same time searching for that missing piece. I knew this was it and sometimes doubted if it really was. Perhaps all I needed was time. Sometimes, it only took writing to feel whole and sometimes it needed more than that - the pause, the wait and a floating mind. But I must thank myself for discovering that I still have access to this blog as the words here archiving the old writings for they hold parts of the self I want to reposition. I will still be posting some of what little I've written in the time away.

A couple of days ago, I decided I wanted to resume writing. At this point, things like whether or not I'd have audience like the old writers' community on Blogger, the visibility of written word in the time of visual content creators or the most scary part - my own hesitation at times - these things will not create hurdles. I don't need a reminder anymore not to let it affect writing; I've learned my lessons now.

Reading some of the comments on previous posts reminded me of the community of writers/readers here. Blogger might not stand a chance among the current social media platforms, but I hope to get in touch with you again. I also hope written blogs don't go out of fashion. I can only get as honest as possible, having come back to this spot, metaphorically, where the mind is in its rawest form. Perhaps the time away has brought me closer to it.

Comments

  1. I have struggled many times with words myself but I can never escape the need for them.
    And I think that especially when it comes to writing it's becoming more and more liberating for me the fact that I don't feel tied up to any audience here in my tiny anonymous blog.
    So welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get what you're saying. I miss the old days when blogger was full of readers and writers, I find myself wishing for that sense of community.

      Delete
  2. hey adi!

    this was such a pleasure to see. I hope to see more of your writing. take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shaha. You've always been a great support!

      Delete
  3. For one, I'm happy you're back. I could relate with every written word here, since I experienced the same. I've been off blogging for 3 years now and all of the friends I made here, the readings I used to catch up on are long gone. I still feel uninspired to write and I haven't come back to it like before. But, let's change that, shall we? Looking forward to reading your musings. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I think the internet was better before for me as a writer where there were less distractions. Thankfully, I feel I'm open again to write, and I hope you get there soon too. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Of Moving Forward- Part II

Some time off

Smokes in the air